Diamonds: An Introduction
This post is a basic overview of diamond knowledge:
The 4 Cs of Diamonds
In the diamond industry, diamonds are viewed through 4 main characteristics (Cut, Clarity, Colour and Carat). These characteristics should all be considered when purchasing diamonds, as these are how diamonds are “graded and categorized."
- Considered the most important detail.
- Most individuals say that the rareness in look of the diamond depends on its cut.
- The size of your lady's ring finger should be taken into consideration.
- The cut of a diamond can reveal the individual's style, taste and even personality!
- Round cut is associated with a "traditional" individual.
- Emerald cut is associated with a sophistication socialite individual.
- Pear cut is associated with a traditional, but edgy individual.
- Marquise cut is associated with "The Old Hollywood" individual
It is always a good idea to take a look at the style of rings your partner wears casually. If your partner has siblings or a very close friend, ask them!